THE LONGEST DAY OF MY LIFE

Five Sentence Story





Waiting area was full of people; anxiety, fright, helplessness; were some of the common expressions I could read on the faces of families who's one of the family members were fellow surgery patient to my mother.

We have been waiting for this day for the past six months, since the visits to the doctor and multiple tests have started its course; almost two decades had witnessed sleepless and painful nights for my mother.

It was supposed to be an hour and a half affair but it turned out to take a lot more time than that; my mother endured sleepless nights for almost two decades but past three hours have been the most elongated time span I have experienced.

My mother's name was announced; we were supposed to report at the entrance to the operation theatre; fidgeting along the corridor we reached.

The doctor was waiting for us with a broad grin, "surgery was successful. patient is absolutely"; finally the door opened after almost three hours later and I could see mother peacefully drooling over the stretcher.


No comments:

Post a Comment

#SnippetsOnLife2 - Life and Darkness

Have you ever thought about the bright side of darkness in your life? Recently I had the opportunity to ponder upon the reality and even th...