In Memory of SIR ALAN RICKMAN



14th Jan came as a shock to me as I heard of the unfortunate demise of my favourite actor, Sir Alan Sydney Patrick Rickman. Actually he was not only an actor for me, He was one of the most significant part of my childhood.


I don't remember getting attached to any celebrity or actor or anyone in a such a way. I thought I am that kind of a girl who doesn't have silly emotional bindings with celebrity who obviously are ignorant about my existence.. I always find these kind of attachments silly and childish.. But now I realised that the child inside me is still alive. the child who once eagerly waited at her 11th birthday for the letter from Hogwarts. May be that child is still waiting for that letter.


The character of Professor Snape had caught my eyes since his introduction in Harry Potter.. back Then I hated  "obviously" him.. He was full of dark shades yet every time he astonished us with all his efforts to save harry in one way or the other without even admitting it.. He taught to control our emotions and control our minds. He showed us that having a stone face helps in deceiving not only the one's we hate but also the helps protecting the one's we love. with every Harry Potter book he taught us that you should never give up the passion for your favourite subject. He taught us that "life isn't fair". respect and reverence got etched in my heart for him as he taught our generation and many more generations to come the most beautiful thing in the world (be it magical or the muggle world) - love... 


He constantly taught us many great things all through the past years, yet all the Potterhead community never failed to hate him until he gave a new meaning and dimension to the word "Always". in fact it isn't a word any more.

                               


All these attributes and credits belong to Professor Snape but the reason I am mentioning this here today is that it was because of Alan Rickman who immaculately portrayed Snape in the movies that gave us a perfect face and aura to the character which was etched in our minds through the words by J.K.Rowling.. No one else  could have  portrayed Professor Snape impeccably and with such precision , better than him.. 

He made that fictional character immortal and more believable, more than the effort invested by J.K Rowling when she was sketching the character through her pen..

After I fell infectiously in love with not just Professor Snape but Alan Rickman, I watched his other movies as well. The one that was an adaptation of a novel by Jane Austen "Sense and Sensibility" were he portrayed Colonel Brandon.. I never thought I would be ever be able to appreciate him in any other role other than Snape but I guess I was wrong. He again was successful to make me fall in love again.. If any villain who became the most memorable and Die Hard rival of John McClane in the whole of  "Die Hard" was none other than Hans Gruber. He was the man, who in all sense, taught us to die hard. i am yet to watch his other appreciated works.. 

Coming back to my childhood fantasy Harry Potter Series, which I believe will stay like that for life.  I never thought that death of any fictional character would made me cry but when Snape died I cried for days.. And i am still crying while typing this as I am again reliving all those childhood moments I have spent reading Harry Potter books, talking non stop about Harry Potter and thinking and musing about Harry Potter.. His demise has left a strange void in my heart..


When I first read this I thought ,"Hey! He thinks like me". Today when I am reading it again I realise how unrealistically unpredictable life is.


Yes Alan, you aptly put your portrayal of the character of Professor Snape in words.

Not to forget his voice which will linger on our minds even when we will be reading  Harry Potter for the umpteenth time sitting on an armchair for our grandchildren.

Alan Rickman, you will be remembered as "one of the bravest man anyone knew".

Alan Rickman, you will be remembered as one the greatest potion master and then headmaster Hogwarts ever got.

Alan Rickman,you will be remembered as our half blood prince and "obviously"as the king one liners which consists only one word Always..

Alan Rickman, you will live in my heart Always..

No comments:

Post a Comment

#SnippetsOnLife2 - Life and Darkness

Have you ever thought about the bright side of darkness in your life? Recently I had the opportunity to ponder upon the reality and even th...