Long Lost Passion



In December last year I borrowed a book from my friend. She said while giving the book that it a good read. Indeed it was. Due to exams then a few personal engagements I was reading that 461 page book at a turtle's speed. Almost a month later I had covered only 126 pages. Apart from the reasons mentioned above one more thing was pulling me back.. My habit of googling every new location that is mentioned in a book.. And why not if a book is that intriguing then you have to know the exact location and the images of the places described so beautifully. The book was Inferno by Dan Brown.

Thus by the time I reached St. Mark's Square, Venice ( page 303 according to the book) I had visited all the places not only through the author words but also with some help of Google. I was baffled with the author writing techniques. The way he made all the architectural wonders alive through his words and the way he kept on weaving the intricate plot, I was completely mesmerized..

That was the moment when I was googling images of St Marks Basilica and Square, I came up with an image of St marks basilica. Sun was pouring down the square. The golden aura that filled the surrounding buildings and the towers, stole my attention. I remember staring at the image for a long time.

That moment I wished that if I get some free time I would sketch this image.. Immediately I saved it.

After almost a month I was going through the pictures on my phone and I came across that same image.. That very moment i search for my old sketch book and started drawing..

Sketch of St. Marks Square

I realized how much I missed sketching. There was a phase in my life when I used to carry my sketchbook everywhere in case I find something to draw.

Then suddenly for no reason I stopped sketching; and lost that sense of satisfaction which used to fill my heart every time I sketched something new. Every new thing I created.

For the past one month I have been spending the a lot of time with my sketch book.

Thanks Saima for referring this book. Because of you I found my Long Lost Passion.

P.S - I have finished reading Inferno a couple of weeks ago. Its definitely one of the best fiction I have ever read.



2 comments:

  1. a good book and a better sketch
    good bargain :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks deeps for appreciating my effort and decision :)

      Delete

#SnippetsOnLife2 - Life and Darkness

Have you ever thought about the bright side of darkness in your life? Recently I had the opportunity to ponder upon the reality and even th...