100 Word Fiction - I Left the Keys on the Door


“That’s it Yash. I can’t take it anymore. And I am sorry that I trusted you.” I left the voice message, put the phone down and turned to take my bags.

I looked around the house, my home and left the keys on the door with tears rolling down my cheeks.

 

We built our dream home. Even the tiniest thing in our home testifies the love we shared; every corner witnesses our vows, our happiness, our sorrows, our passion, our trust.

We weaved a perfectly beautiful dream that just silently crushed under the betrayal of Yash.

Dreams are an illusion.

Linking to Friday Foto Fiction

5 comments:

  1. That's my life. How did you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it sir?? I didn't know it.. This is strictly a fictional take on the friday foto fiction contest..

      Delete
  2. Hi Arnaba, your name is as beautiful as you. And yes betrayal is always painful whether in fiction or reality

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks a lot Geethica Mehra ji for the compliment and your appreciation. you are right betrayal is the most painful experience anything can go through. no matter who betrays us- friends, colleagues, husband/wife,family and or anyone. the scars of betrayal never fades.
    i hope you enjoy reading my further post. till then take care and happy reading..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betrayals are bad but that's all part and parcel of life. Great write up Arnaba. Thanks for linking up with #FridayFotoFiction

    ReplyDelete

#SnippetsOnLife2 - Life and Darkness

Have you ever thought about the bright side of darkness in your life? Recently I had the opportunity to ponder upon the reality and even th...