TO TURN ON THE LIGHTS




“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” ― Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

This is my most favorite quote from The Harry Potter Series said by none other than Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore (obviously written by J.K.Rowling).

Though the Harry Potter series is considered as a child fiction, I think that it should be kept under the 'all-time classic' section in any bookstore.

Every page, every character, every word in this book is worth contemplating.

Coming back to the above-mentioned quote- it helped me find my direction when I lost my compass on the voyage called Life. There was a time (not in the distant past) when I lost the appetite to live. It's not that I wanted to end my life but I lost the zeal to live. Every hope was buried under the ashes of despair and dark.

That's when someone reminded me of my own favorite quote (yes she knew it was my favorite). It took a long time for me to react. It was as if I was transported to another world (a magical world) where I could solve any puzzle that disturbed me. When I came back of that trance, I was not that same sulking, discouraged and pathetic soul. I was different. I truly could see light, though at the farthest possible end of the tunnel. I understood that it was the darkest part of the night but I realized that the dawn must be near.

Since then I never forget 'to turn on the lights.'



This blog is a part of IndiBlogger #IndiSpire Edition 83

4 comments:

  1. wow. I have just started bloggin. i love to write but i dont know what to. hopefully i will write as well as you do. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks writernova for your appreciation..

      Delete

#SnippetsOnLife2 - Life and Darkness

Have you ever thought about the bright side of darkness in your life? Recently I had the opportunity to ponder upon the reality and even th...